Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chattanooga Baby Shower

The first weekend in November we made a trip back to Chattanooga for a visit, and to attend our Couples Baby Shower. Our dear friends, Holly and Rene were so sweet to give us this shower! I literally cried when I found out they were doing this for us! Words cannot even express how unbelievably happy this made us, and how loved it made us feel!
The shower was held at Rene's house, which if you have never been too, it is GEORGOUS! It's a historical home, over 100 years old, in downtown Chattanooga!(and should you be interested, in is for sale!) I have TONS of pics from the shower, but will try not to post all of them:-)

Some of the decorations...

This was so cute,, they had a clothes line with little outfits strung up....

Yummy cakes, chocolate covered pretzels, Hershey's kisses,, soooo good:-)

I took some up-close pics of all the goodies....

Each little cake had a baby or a pacifier on top of it....(Rene made everything herself! She is soooo talented!)

This is an upclose of Rene's chocolate chip cookies, which if you have never had,,, well, I'm sorry b/c they are the BEST!!! I LOVE THEM!!!
Hershey's Kisses, the tags read, "It's a boy!" ... too sweet!
Holly made this adorable "diaper cake",, I don't want to take it apart, it's too cute!

The lunch spread,, also yummy,, ham, rolls, dips,, soooo good!!!

Delicious punch, and Rene's Almond Tea

Pam trying to figure out the baby food.. this should be a breeze for her, she has a 5 year old, as well as twins! The women in the blue shirt is Rene, our wonderful host:-)

Of course, there has to be somewhere that the men can go to watch the game! This is Jeff, Rene's husband.

Some close family friends, Kelly, Lori, Laura & Faith:-)

Sandra & I :-)

My mom mailed this blanket to Holly as a surprise gift, this was my baby blanket that she patched up,, so special!

Bryan's mom also surprised us and sent us a blanket as well,, this is a Navajo blanket, he will be very warm in this!!!

Opening some gifts...

I love the dots!

I'm not really sure what he's doing here,,,, but he was a good sport opening up all the presents with me! I love him!! Peace out! :-)

Some of our gifts...

Cute gift basket from Rene & Jeff:-)

Once again, thank you to all who came to the shower and made this one of the most memorable days of our lives! I also wanted to say how much I love Bryan and how greatful I am for him everyday! Without him, I would have never met any of all the dear people that were here at the shower with us, and would have never had the privilage of knowing Holly and Rene, and considering them some of the closet friends I have ever had.

1 comment:

allie said...

i'm so sorry i couldn't be there! newborn duty calls :) i do have something for you, though, and will send it in the mail....and be a part of the "mail shower" :)

love you guys!!
allie